The Pros & Cons of Using Facebook To Promote Your Business
When Facebook appeared it grew at a rapid pace. Businesses have jumped at the chance to promote themselves and their business, but how effective is Facebook when you want to promote your brand or attract visitors?
- Easily lets people know who you are as a business, what you sell as well as the principles that are important to you - in addition to straightforward features like hours of operation and where you're located.
- Add hundreds of friends and family worldwide and find friends through people you already know.
- Promote your business and products, and give your client up-to-date information on new products and promotions.
- Interact with potential and current customers to answer questions and be a source of insight.
- Your Facebook identity needs to be managed and monitored. Always update and answer questions and comments to keep peoples' interest. If not, people are more than likely to simply forget about you and your brand.
- Be the leader in creating groups or event pages. You and your staff needs to have the skills to stay on these online activities if not you may miss out on several networking opportunist.
- Poor public relations can spread like wildfire across facebook. If just one customer or client start complaining about you or post negative comments on other people's profiles, you won't have any control over the activities,if you're planning on creating a public profile make sure you have the marketing team to manage these situation to maintain a positive reputation.
Although facebook is a great way to promote your business, it is also a fulltime job in itself. What are your pro's and con's about promoting your business on facebook?